Sunday, November 14, 2010

Knit Together in Love

As the snow fell all yesterday, I began to think about all the reasons why I love winter. My list included things such as snowball fights, warm sweaters, hot chocolate, fuzzy mittens, peppermint candy canes, cookies, fireplaces, and so on. However, none of those come close to my absolute favorite thing about the cold winter months--spanning from November to April here in Minnesota.

I love conversations. Winter is the best time to sit and share what God has been doing in your life and hear what He's doing in other's lives as well. Really, what better could you do on a day of drizzly snow with temperatures reaching below zero? How often do we listen though?

God calls us to fellowship; He longs for unity within the body. Colossians 2:2 says, "That their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, to reach all the riches of full assurance of understanding and the knowledge of God's mystery, which is Christ". Again, in Psalm 133 is reads, "Behold, how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity".

Tell others of what God's doing in your life; you will truly be astonished if you sit down and list what He's blessed you with and what He has or is currently pulling you through.

Today I challenge you to listen.

1 comment:

  1. I love winter too, Kate! But I guess I usually think of the hot chocolate, beautiful snow, Christmas lights, etc. . . but never the aspect of listening. Thanks for that reminder! :)

    ReplyDelete