Saturday, October 2, 2010

Hey guys

College is a busy time. Between all the classes and other activities, things can get pretty hectic. One class in particular is taking a lot of my time right now. I’m taking organic chemistry this year. It’s a tough course that requires a lot of time and effort in order to have success. The amount of work that goes into it puts a lot of stress on a lot of people, so it got me wondering what the Bible says about stress. The verses are everywhere. One of my favorites includes Psalm 55:22 – “Cast your burden upon the Lord, and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken.” One thing that I really take out of this verse is how God is always there. The Bible doesn’t use words like “sometimes” and “maybe.” I love how it’s definite: “He will sustain you” and “He will never allow the righteous to be shaken.” It’s incredibly comforting to know that he’s always got our backs. Another passage that I really liked, and one that I think of with every test coming up, is Philippians 4:6-7 -> “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” The verse really says it all here, let God know about what’s troubling you and don’t worry about it, because God is going to take care of it.

Until next week,

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment