Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Look to Jesus

I find often that the Lord teaches me through repetition. Through out a week or a month a theme will often arise in my time in the Word, morning devotions at work, from sermons and during Bible study. I've been working on memorizing Hebrews 12:1-2, which says,
"Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith,who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:1-2
Sarah's post, Consider Jesus, hit me because it's something I've really been thinking about lately. I've always been drawn to Hebrews 12:2 because the phrase "Look to Jesus" stands out to me. When we look to Jesus everything is in perspective.

I've been applying for jobs and the process can be both daunting and exhausting. As I look for a job I am reminded to look first to Jesus. Right now where I will work (and when I will work) is a complete unknown to me! Yikes, does that feel weird and yes, somewhat scary. If I don't trust that God will provide in His wisdom and His timing I might go crazy with worry and doubt. I'm so thankful that I have Jesus to look to in all things.

We have Jesus to look to for Forgiveness.
We have Jesus to look to for Salvation.
We have Jesus to look to for Provision.
We have Jesus to look to for Fulfillment.
We have Jesus to look to for Wisdom.
We have Jesus to look to for Guidance.
We have Jesus to look to for Encouragement.
We have Jesus to look to for Strength.

He is our ALL in ALL!

p.s.
Thank you for all of your prayers for my cousin Sam. He is currently in 30 days of rehab at Teen Challenge in Minneapolis. Please pray he will be assigned a full 13 months after his 30 days are up! And pray his heart will be open to the Lord.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this, Naomi! I am so grateful that we are able to look to the Lord in whatever circumstances we are in - and that He is always faithful.
    I just read those verses from Hebrews 12 yesterday and was struck by them as well. Neat how the Lord works, eh?
    I'll be praying for the provision of a job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naomi, Thanks for writing- and everything you have done for YM. This post reminds me of a thought I've been having lately re: meditation. Meditation is filling your mind with the word of Christ, thus allowing Christ and His cross to be the center of our lives. Worry is meditating on our fears! Thanks for your good writing.

    ReplyDelete