Wednesday, July 21, 2010

God's timing

As I write this my dad and I are in the car on our way to Southern California. Its raining and there’s some seriously awesome lighting in the Nebraska sky. Shawn McDonald is in the background singing about how Christ died that I might live and that He knows my name. I am struck in this moment by how I can not be less than in awe of our God!
It’s been a crazy past seven days. I wont bore you with the details, but I’ll just say it’s been hectic. Friday I went to pick up my cousin from his house so a few of us cousins could hang out. As I entered the house and asked him how he was it was immediately apparent that something was wrong. His eyes were red and his answer went from “I’m ok” to “Well I’m not ok, but I don’t want to talk about it right now.” Ten minutes later he poured the whole story out to me. After years of alcohol and drug abuse he has hit rock bottom and is finally admitting he has a problem. Its a big step for him and an answer to our prayers.
God always times things so perfectly. My cousin needed family that night. We were a safe haven, people who love him unconditionally and able to just love him in the midst of what he is going through. I know God loves him, but he feels hopeless and far from God right now. God knew that this week when I asked him to hang out he would need us that night.
Right now to me its such a testimony of God’s faithfulness. God is reminding me of the importance of prayer. And of course I have to place all my trust in God and rely on Him. My cousin is in His loving hands. 
“ I kneel before the Father” and I cling to the Word that comes from Ephesians that He: “is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think” 
Please pray for my cousin. He is currently applying to Teen Challenge and seeking help. Please pray he gets the help he needs. Please pray Jesus transforms his heart and that he finds hope and salvation in Christ.

3 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord! I pray that God does great things in your cousin's life at Teen Challenge. Thank you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing testimony Naomi! Praise God that He used you right when you were needed. I will definitely be praying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got my prayers for him too! :)

    ReplyDelete