Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Flash Mob

Do you know what I want? Zeal. Passion. Spark!

A spark may begin small but before you know it, it turns into a wild forest fire.

In James 3, in regards to taming the tongue, verse 5 says, “Likewise the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark.”

While we know the damage a small spark can do, I also think a spark can start a revolution.

*Spoiler Alert*
If you do not know what a Flash Mob is, read no further until you have watched this video:… Otherwise I will ruin the surprise and you will not understand what I am talking about.

Watch Flash Mob Video


A Flash Mob begins with just one person, a spark, and gradually grows and grows until it is a massive crowd of people all united under one purpose. It is utterly amazing to see hundreds, even thousands of people come together under one goal.

A spark can be a good thing or a bad thing. Fire can cause a lot of damage, but what if we want a fire? What if we were a spark that set others on fire for God?


I love the lyrics to Toby Mac's "Catchafire (Whoopsi-Daisy)"

"We gonna catch a fire, catch a fire for God...

Spark to a flame, I'm flippin' up my game
I caught the fire and I'll never be the same
So unexplainable I can't contain it, son
And my retaining it would only be a shame

Heat, like the Kingston concrete
There ain't no stoppin' the fire
We're straight breakin' ground
There ain't no cooling this thing down
We burnin' up and keep'n it krunk as we know how
Hear me now people

Catch a fire let it burn within

Catch a fire let it burn for him"
Psalm 119:137-140 "Righteous are You, O LORD, And upright are Your judgments. You have commanded Your testimonies in righteousness And exceeding faithfulness. My zeal has consumed me, Because my adversaries have forgotten Your words. Your word is very pure, Therefore Your servant loves it."

We have the ability to be a spark, to be zealous for the Lord, to start a fire that burns for Him. My question to you is what kind of spark will you be? What kind of fire will you start?

Naomi

p.s.
A couple other awesome flash mobs:
Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution
Black Eyed Peas

No comments:

Post a Comment