Friday, May 28, 2010

hope.

My flesh and my heart may fail,
But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

Psalm 73:26

Life isn’t easy. There are times of trial, testing, hardship, destruction, heartbreak…I could go on. But as I was reading through Job this week, I couldn’t over look the fact that even though Job was going through hell on earth, and even though his family and friends were tearing him down even more, he still kept his hope in Christ. That in itself is a great witness.

Place your hope in Christ – nothing else is trustworthy. And let someone know about the hope. Shouldn’t we share something that is so vital to surviving life on this world, and after?

As for me, I know that my Redeemer lives,
And at the last He will take His stand on the earth.
Even after my skin is destroyed,
Yet from my flesh I shall see God;
Whom I myself shall behold,
And whom my eyes will see and not another.
My heart faints within me!

Job 19:25-27

1 comment:

  1. "Though the fig tree does not bud
    and there are not grapes on the vines,
    though the olive crop fails
    and the fields produce no food,
    though there are no sheep in the pen
    and no cattle in the stalls,
    YET I will rejoice in the LORD,
    I will be joyful in God my Savior.

    The Sovereign LORD is my strength;
    he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
    he enables me to go on the heights.

    For the director of music. On my stringed instruments."
    -Habbakkuk 3:17-19

    ReplyDelete