Wednesday, April 14, 2010

For such a time as this.


The moment I stepped out of the house this evening was surreal. It rained today, but now the rain was gone. The air was fresh, the sky a bright, brilliant blue with perfect, puffy, white clouds, and the sun golden and glowing as it started to set. It was a moment that resonated the Glory of God the creator. A moment full of evidence of Him. Can you look back on your life and point out times when you have seen God's hand evident in your life?

I image Esther reflected often on God's hand in her life. I imagine that she told her children and friends the story of how God placed her in just the right place at the just right time to save the Israelite nation. I imagine how she must of been in awe of God's plan for her life.

Esther 4:12-14 says, "When Esther's words were reported to Mordecai, he sent back this answer: "Do not think that because you are in the king's house you alone of all the Jews will escape. For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father's family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?"

I was talking with a friend tonight and remembering a tough time in my life that she went through with me. I was so grateful for her presence in my life at that time. I never could have imagined before hand how much I would need her then. We discussed how God knows what we need and when we need it. He places people in our lives at just the right time to be there with us, support and encourage us. We are promised in His Word that "He will never leave you nor forsake you" (Deut 31:6, Heb 13:5) It speaks of His great love for us. He must love us so much. I mean I "know" He loves us. But there are those moments in life when I am reminded, He REALLY loves me and it takes my breath away. 




2 comments:

  1. I agree, those times are awesome. I just had one now. Thanks for the reminder, Naomi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord for always using us, eh? There are definitely times when I wonder why He's doing what He's doing - but then I must trust Him!

    ReplyDelete