Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Spiritual Warfare

The following is an excerpt from a devotional that I have recently written. I thought it fitting and good to share with you this month as we, hopefully, are growing day by day into the likeness of Christ amidst the great battle that we find ourselves in. The devotional is called “Dialogue with God” and I pray that you are as encouraged by it as I have been.
“Something that I have personally found very effective in spiritual warfare is simply to acknowledge that there is a battle going on each and every day of our lives. Sometimes it seems like we don’t even know what is going on around us, but, my friends, there is a battle for your soul and the souls of the whole world taking place. Our enemy is the devil, Satan himself, and it is he and his dominions that we wage war against. Therefore, I believe that it is quite necessary that we acknowledge each and every day that we are at war. For if we do not, we are going to be defeated time and time again, not even realizing what is taking place in our lives.

Something that I have found to be a good practice every morning is to spiritually get dressed for this battle. I read through Ephesians 6:10-18 and mentally and spiritually get dressed. I am pretty sure that anybody in a physical war wouldn’t go running around naked during battle. I think the same ought to be true for us spiritually. As we spiritually and mentally prepare ourselves for battle we can then enter into the victory that Christ has already won for us. Remember, the devil wants to destroy you. Unless you are ready for him and his attacks you are going to live in defeat. Now, don’t get me wrong, just because you may be ready for the attack doesn’t mean that they will diminish. In fact they may even become more common, but Christ did not offer us a life of ease, without struggle. Be ready for war, and enter into Christ's victory, first by His blood and then with the armor that He has so graciously has given to us.”
 
by Justin Kantonen
originally posted April 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment