Friday, February 3, 2012

love one another

"Dear children, let's not merely say that we love each other;
let us show the truth by our actions."
1 John 3:18


God gives us two basic commands: Love Him, and love others. We can say that we love God and that we love others, but when our actions do not line up with what we say, we are liars.

Recently God has been pointing out in my life how I fall short in His commands, especially in loving others. I say that I love others, but that love cannot be seen until I sacrifice my pride, my selfishness, my desires...everything about MYself. And many times, I hold onto MYself, and essentially I don't let Christ's love flow through me. All the love He has poured into me is stuck behind a dam of selfishness.

Our actions and words impact others - either in a positive way or a negative way. Even lack of actions or words impact others. I need to be intentional in doing actions and saying words that will leave a positive impact on others - that will leave an imprint of Jesus. Maybe there is one person that you have a hard time loving - is God asking you to intentionally make an effort to love them in your actions and words?

Be with Jesus so you can think like Jesus so you can act like Jesus.



No comments:

Post a Comment