Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Quiet Time

So the title of my blog is "Quet Time" and contrary to what this statement conjures of in your mind of your chosen time to be one on one with the Lord I am referring to more of a time when God chooses to be one on one with you. The time where it seems that He is forcing you into a corner and the only thing left that you can do is be quiet with Him. I'm in one of those times right now. I haven't chosen to be, but God has arranged it so I am and I've got to say that at first I was like, "this sucks," but now that I am a few days into it and God has had the time to do some work on me I've got to say that I am enjoying it and glad He has chosen this time right now.

As circumstances are right now I have a lot of time on my hands where I have nothing in particular to do and whenever I try to think of something to do other than spending time with God for most of the day my conscience screams out and I am called back into my "man cave," a.k.a. my bedroom. It is here that I have been spending many hours as of late in the Scriptures, listening to different teaching tapes, meditating, and praying. It has been wonderful. At first I was kind of like, "Is this really what you want me to be doing, God? Shouldn't I be out doing something?" As it happens God has something that He wanted to be doing and it included me. I have found myself to be highly encouraged, convicted, challenged, healed, and closer to God than I figured I would be, and it is awesome.

With that said, I would leave you with this thought. When God wants to spend some time with you, go ahead and take it. If you find yourself given some extra time at some point in life I would encourage you not to just run off and "do something" because maybe God is saying, "Hey, here's some time for you and me, let's spend it together. I've got some stuff to do with you." If you jump on that opportunity it'll be awesome 'cause God doesn't really do anything that's not.

No comments:

Post a Comment