Monday, June 17, 2013

Serving by Grace

Remember that lesson I was learning about servant hood and that servant heart? I've found myself in situations this week yet again where that has been tested. Where my desire to have a servant heart has been challenged. Where I've learned even more about how selfish I am and how much work my heart needs. 

And you know what else I have learned this week about being a servant? 

It's not something I can do on my own. Not on my own strength. Not by my own will. Not by my own power. 

Only through Christ can I serve when I am exhausted and crabby. Only through Christ can I love as He has called us to love. Only through Christ can I have the grace to respond as He would respond. 
"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." - Philippians 4:13, NASB (emphasis mine)
So not only have I been praying to be a servant; but I've been praying for the grace to be a servant. When those trying moments come, when I am crabby, when I am simply exhausted -- I've started asking the Lord to give me grace. Grace to show to others so that I can be a servant. 

Praise God we don't have to do this stuff on our own!

No comments:

Post a Comment