Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Local Church

In the spirit of thankfulness, I'd like to share with you something which I am incredibly thankful for, and which has really improved my life.

It is a local, close-knit, family of fellow followers of Christ. I see them on Sunday and Tuesday. And often at least two other days of the week. I fit well with them. And this regular contact has greatly impacted my life. It keeps me accountable, focused, joyful, thankful, and growing.

My local church means more to me than I can put into words. Really.

I wish everyone had a church where they could show up feeling any way, and leave having been uplifted, by God's work through their fellow believers. I wish every church preached the Gospel clearly. I wish every church was looking to see how God could use them more. I wish every believer knew just how they could help their local church through the talents and abilities God has given them.

Oh wait, I was writing about thankfulness.... I'm thankful the local church I'm a part of, is those things for me. I pray your local church is those things for you! (And if it isn't, pray about how you can change it.)

Are you thankful for your local church?

No comments:

Post a Comment