Friday, August 17, 2012

Leaving Life. Living Life.

Three months of my life have flashed before my eyes like a snow leopard.

If you don't understand that analogy, watch the Discovery Channel documentary "Planet Earth." 

Now, back to the point. 

In roughly 100 days, give or take a few weeks, the life I knew that was finally becoming "normal" was flipped upside down and everything has changed. 

In May, my tassel was turned, diploma earned, and I shook the hand of a doctor without a stethoscope at a big ceremony. (Sigh of relief.)

Three weeks later, I was married and staring at a fully loaded Uhaul. 

After living in Minnesota for four years and finally starting to understand what it means to "go Up North" - I moved back to Montana with my wife.

It seemed like life had just started to make sense. 
It seemed as though the friends I was with were starting to dive deeper daily. 
It seemed very odd to be leaving the life I'd come to know. 

Upon arrival in Montana, the welcome was warm, the mosquitoes did not swarm, and Emily and I started fresh and new. Having just left close friends and caring family we had some adjusting to do. There were (and still are) many adventures to be had, but that's not the point. 

The point is - after leaving life it is time to be living life.
 
In Matthew chapter 4, you can read a story where Jesus walked the shores of Galilee early one morning and saw a couple fishermen. He simply told them to follow Him.
What did they do?

For about two seconds they considered the fact that they were leaving life

Then Jesus explained that they would be following Him. He gave them a new job; fishing for men rather than fish. 

So they did what they had to do.

The started living life

We all at some point will be leaving life and end up somewhere new living life

In John chapter 8, Jesus told a woman who was caught cheating on her husband to "leave your life of sin."

A little while later, in John 10, Jesus told some really religious people that He came "that they may have life, and have it to the full." 

Are you at a point where it is time to be leaving life and start living life?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Tim! This is a good reminder to me as well.

    ReplyDelete