Friday, August 3, 2012

He is my Shepherd

As I sit here and think about my life, I cannot help but think of all the goodness that God has shown me over my whole life. He has carried me, guided me, strengthened me, and invited me to draw closer to Him through it all. 


My life has been full of health problems, most of the time doing tests trying to figure out what is wrong. I have had to do much waiting in my life because of it...waiting for answers, waiting for healing, waiting for God to do something. But God, in His mercy, was doing something the whole time! He was building me up to be more like Jesus. I have a long ways to go, and I cannot help but look forward to the day when I shall stand before Him complete!


I have been reading through Psalm 23 lately, and just been struck by the words that David prayed and proclaimed, for they have become my prayer and proclamation as well. The Lord is my Shepherd, I am His little lamb. He takes care of me, gives me all that I need. I invite you to just dwell on these words today, and remember what God has done in your life - and never forget! I encourage you to keep a journal of what God has done, for it is easy to overlook the little things in life that lead to something we never thought possible. Seek Him, be lost in Him, lean on the Shepherd. 


The LORD is my shepherd; I have all that I need. He lets me rest in green meadows;He leads me beside peaceful streams. He re news my strength. He guides me along right paths,bringing honor to His name.Even when I walk through the darkest valley,I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me. You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies.You honor me by anointing my head with oil.My cup overflows with blessings. Surely Your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the LORD forever. 



No comments:

Post a Comment