Sunday, July 15, 2012

Being A Nut

Last week I wrote a little blurb (some may as well call it a burp) about what I would be writing in the next few weeks. Well, that will be on hold for a couple weeks at least. The reason being?

I need to spend the week being a nut.

For those of you who know about Young Life; that will be understood easily.

For those of you who do not know about Young Life; google that crap.
(editors note: Young Life does not equate to crap...)

For all of you who are reading this, your time will be much better spent reading the words of the late, great Rich Mullins. This paragraph that he wrote back in 1991 has hit my in the face multiple times as a reminder of my own journey with Jesus. May it do the same for you and may it present you with an opportunity to pray for me as I spend the next week being a nut at Young Life camp with kids.

"I am a Christian because I have seen the love of God lived out in the lives of people who know Him. The Word has become flesh and I have encountered God in the people who have manifested (in many "unreasonable" ways) His Presence; a Presence that is more than convincing - it is a Presence that is compelling. I am a Christian, not because someone explained the nuts and bolts of Christianity to me, but because there were people who were willing to be nuts and bolts, who through their explanation of it, held it together so that I could experience it and be compelled by it to obey." 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Tim! Short and sweet - but oh so challenging and convicting. Jesus' blessings to you as you serve as a nut and bolt.

    ReplyDelete