Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Only One Did That For Me

The official holiday of Christmas is over. The planning, gathering and traveling is done. The gifts are unwrapped and the stockings are empty. Perhaps we feel a little let down as the spirit and cheer of Christmas suddenly dissipates and the decorations and twinkling lights come down.
As my fellow Grounded 3.17 blog authors have shared, I hope you were able this Chrismas to focus on Christ. In Christ we find our true joy and so the real reason we celebrate Christmas is never over. Even though we take this time every year to celebrate Christ's birth, His purpose for coming to earth - to bring us His Salvation - is a gift that lasts year round.
1 Timothy 1:12-16 "I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me trustworthy, appointing me to his service. Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. " 
Mark 10:43-45 "Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be slave of all. For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” 
The song How Many Kings by Downhere has been catching my attention on the radio recently, (From the album Bethlehem Skyline Vol. 2) I think that the lyrics in this song capture so well the truth of Christmas and our God and Savior's dear, sweet, and intense love for each of us.
Follow the star to a place unexpected
Would you believe, after all we've projected,
A child in a manger
Lowly and small, the weakest of all
Unlikeliest hero, wrapped in his mother's shawl
Just a child - Is this who we've waited for? 'cause...

How many kings step down from their thrones?
How many lords have abandoned their homes?
How many greats have become the least for me?
And how many gods have poured out their hearts
To romance a world that is torn all apart
How many fathers gave up their sons for me?

Bringing our gifts for the newborn Savior
All that we have, whether costly or meek
Because we believe.
Gold for his honor, and frankincense for his pleasure
And myrrh for the cross he will suffer
Do you believe?
Is this who we've waited for?
 Only one did that for me
All, all for me...
All for you...



“And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.” Luke 2:8-14 
“For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” Isaiah 9:6 
God's blessings on each of you. May He continually draw you nearer to Him. May you each day seek Him whole-heartedly and grow in your faith in Him. May you be reminded today of His love for you and His gift of Salvation to you.

"Only one did that for me
All, all for me...
All for you..."

~Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment