Saturday, September 10, 2011

Remember

"Remember the former things long past,
For I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is no one like Me
Declaring the end from the beginning,
And from ancient times things which have not been done,
Saying, 'My purpose will be established,
And I will accomplish all my good pleasure"


There are many times when we are tempted to be anxious, to try and fix our problems, or to just give up. Life has not and will never not be without life's challenges. But I think it is in those times when we need to remember all that God has done in our lives. He has done so much in our lives, and made something beautiful out of situations that didn't seem so great.

I went through several months of being sick last year. I went to several doctors, and they couldn't figure out what was causing the sickness. Those many dr appointments and several months lying in bed were the hardest, most lonely and disheartening days I have seen thus far. But God had a purpose in it all, and used it to mold me to be more like Him. So many times I wanted to give up, but He gave me the strength to continue, and to trust Him in it all. Seeing His faithfulness and love throughout the Bible and in my life and others is something I will always remember.

Maybe you are in the middle of an ugly situation, maybe you are just coming out, or are preparing to head into one - remember what God has done in your life and remind yourself constantly. Keeping a journal or blog are great ways. Remember what happened to the Israelites when they forgot all that God had done for them? They turned away from God and tried to fix their problems on their own - or they complained to Moses. Remember and Trust God. He uses everything for good, for He is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment