Sunday, September 18, 2011

A New View

 ________________________________________________________________

When I have something new I notice things that would otherwise be completely meaningless to me.
________________________________________________________________

For example ...

After purchasing a Subaru Loyale my freshman year of college, I noticed them everywhere. Now that I am a new owner of a Volvo V70 XC, I see them all the time. That time I had a mullet, I saw mullets all over town, not just at Walmart. When I was in middle school and some dude put braces on my teeth, I would acknowledge the presence of metal in many more mouths. On the ski hill, I point out the people with matching skis, goggles, or jackets. As a young adult with a significant other, I actually notice other couples now. When I'm wearing glasses, I see other people's spectacles. Years ago, I was sitting in a coffee shop with my new computer, and what did I now notice? People with the same thing as me.
________________________________________________________________

This list could go on forever, but it will stop now. It is significant that I notice new things when I receive them into my life. My perspective is forever changed.
________________________________________________________________

I wonder ...

After entering into a relationship with the infinite, personal God who gave me something new, what is my new view? The Holy Spirit lives in me now, shaping my thoughts, guiding my actions, and leading me in the way everlasting; do I notice things differently now? Are other people seeing something new in me? When I see a brother or sister in Christ, is the first thing I notice their beauty in light of the Beloved, or do I see their sin? Am I noticing people who are covered by the blood of Christ as forgiven or needing forgiving? Will you begin to look at life from a new view?

________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment