Tuesday, April 26, 2011

He's Coming

As I've been thinking about the celebration of Christ's death and resurrection this past weekend I've been looking out the window watching the sun try to peak through the cloudy Washington sky and I am reminded of Jesus coming again. My mind wanders to the classic picture of Jesus coming in the clouds with the sun blazing behind Him to take us, those of us who have known Him, to be with Him forever. I don't how accurately the picture paints how the events of that day and age will actually pan out, but it serves to bring me to ponder those days to come. I look forward to them, I long for them from time to time. It makes me want to live a life in God's presence, seeking Him in prayer and being with Him though out the day; to be about His business and not my own; to love those whom He has allowed me to be in the presence of to love; to be obedient to the Spirit and to His Word and He guides me along.

I often think about this quote by two Moravians who sold themselves into slavery to share the Gospel with natives on St. Thomas Island in the 1700's. As they were leaving the dock on their ship bound for who knows what they yelled to those they were leaving this now famous quote. "Is not the Lamb worthy to receive the reward of His suffering?" To us all the same question is raised. Is not Jesus worthy of giving our lives to fully and unequivocally? "Whoever loses his life for my sake will find it," is what Jesus once said. I want to lose my life for Jesus sake. One day soon He will return; may our lives have been ones that were lost for His sake.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! Thanks for this, Justin! I too have been pondering and yearning for the return of Jesus Christ . . . but I have to remember that while I am here, I need to be giving every ounce of my life to the service of my Savior.
    Thanks again for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete