Friday, December 24, 2010

Home

Coming home is crazy. After being away for unhealthy amounts of time, things change back home. New buildings appear in old fields, familiar faces are now foreign, and what was once easy living is now hard work.

As I've been back home in Montana, I have been blessed with the opportunity and ability to hike up and ski down mountains covered in snow. This simple activity is profoundly fun, especially when the snow sparkles in the sun. As I stand atop that same old mountain I'm overwhelmed with memories of fast turns through fresh powder, non-stop runs from the top, and laughing with old friends.

Recently, I've spent significantly more time in the library than riding lifts, so being outside, working up a sweat, soaking up the sun, and looking at some of the most beautiful scenery on planet earth has really brought me back home. Being in a familiar place, living life at a slower pace has put a smile on my face.

Being back at home has been crazy because I'm remembering all of these events from years gone by, thinking about how strong my legs used to be, and part of me longs to be living in the past. But, the present is present and that's where I am now.

Too often I forget, that God is with me. The Holy Spirit is my guide, leading me day after day, showing me the way. So no matter where I'm at, I'm at home. Home is not Kalispell, MT. Home is not on top of a mountain. Home is in the presence of the God. Psalm 150:6 says "Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!" I have breath, so I ought to praise the Lord.

Whether it's the house I grew up in or not, I want to be at home. God created this planet for us to call home. He also created us to be in relationship with Him. To be at home is to be by His side.

No comments:

Post a Comment