Sunday, June 20, 2010

Wherever He may go!

Do you remember playing Following the Leader when you were younger?

I'm a nanny for three amazing little girls and we do everything from blowing bubbles to playing barbies. One on such day the two four year olds and I were on a bike ride on our way to the park but I didn't know where it was, so one of the twins took the lead and the other started singing Following the Leader. However, the leader was bringing us to a busy street and her faithful follower was becoming nervous. The leader then exclaimed, "I'm the leader, I know where we're going. I won't let anything bad happen to you!"

This was such a beautiful picture of our relationship with Christ. In these years of transition in most of our lives we are faced with uncertainty for the future. With so much changing, the future can seem dangerous, but God's Word tells us over and over again to trust God and that He will never leave us, nor forsake us. Joshua 1:9 says "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened; do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go".

God, much like my little four year old, is is charge and He knows what He's doing. He also tells us multiple times that He won't let anything bad happen. Don't misunderstand me please, this does not mean that we won't encounter trials in our lives- in fact, we're promised hard times because we are followers- it's just that He's already been there and knows where to lead us.

Proverbs 19:21 says, "Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand". When we can't see what's down the path in our lives, we can rest in the fact that God is the best Leader the world has or ever will know!

No comments:

Post a Comment