Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Remember

Today is the second day of 2013.
Has it sunk in yet?
Did you make resolutions?
Have you kept any of them?

These are all things we regularly think about at this time of the year. However, instead of looking forward, I find it helpful to start into the new year looking back, remembering were I've come from.

I know, in my own life, God has been fervently at work in this last year. Whether through my failures, weaknesses, strengths, or experiences, God has been growing me. Developing me. Changing me. It wasn't easy. In fact often it was so hard, I simply gave up and went my own ways. But God used even those times to draw me into a deeper relationship with Him.

It's important to look back and remember what God has done. It gives us a fuller perspective on what He is continuing to do in our lives, and can remind us of how we still need to grow.

I don't know what you've faced in this last year. Maybe you had your feet swiped out from under you from something you didn't see coming. Maybe you did something which you deeply regret. Maybe you had a completely carefree year. Whatever you came through, look back, remember, and rejoice at what God has done in the midst of your life in the last year.


No comments:

Post a Comment