Saturday, March 31, 2012

Beauty

One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple. Ps. 27:4

You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Ps. 16:11


O Lord, I want ONE, all-consuming desire. I want all my energies, talents, resources, and passion to be poured into that ONE desire. . . dwelling in your presence. May the beauty of you, my heavenly Bridegroom, always captivate me. Oh! To enjoy you fully and forever.

Father, May I always bask in your presence--being filled with joy unspeakable. May that be the place I long to be/remain. Lord, I desire to walk the path of life, light my way.
________________
Beautiful Savior
Beautiful Savior, King of Creation,

Son of God and Son of Man!
Truly I'd love Thee, Truly I'd serve Thee,
Light of my soul, my Joy, my Crown.

Fair are the meadows, Fair are the woodlands,
Robed in flowers of blooming spring;
Jesus is fairer, Jesus is purer;
He makes our sorrowing spirit sing.

Fair is the sunshine, Fair is the moonlight,
Bright the sparkling stars on high;
Jesus shines brighter, Jesus shines purer,
Than all the angels in the sky.

Beautiful Savior, Lord of the nations,
Son of God and Son of Man!
Glory and honor, Praise, adoration,
Now and forevermore be Thine!
-Joseph A. Seiss

No comments:

Post a Comment