Sunday, March 20, 2011

Solar Powered Lives

I hate dreary days. Spring is my favorite time of year, but before we get to the lovely, sunny days when the grass is warm and green, we have to get past the raining, grey sky days. We all know the saying, "April showers bring May flowers"; I hate April. I wish it were sunny all the time! I used to say I was solar powered, and the more I think about that, the more I realize that all of us are.

No, I'm not saying all of you are as strange as me when it comes to the weather correlating to my moods almost perfectly, but in the sense that our source of power comes from the SON. John 1:4-5 say, "In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it".

Jesus is the Son, and He is the light. Just as the sun gives life to the earth, the Son gives us life. Do you ever feel lazy on rainy days? It's a rainy day here in Minneapolis, and I have no motivation to be productive at all. I feel like I don't have any strength in me. That's how it is with Christ too-- if He isn't our Light, we will be run down, unmotivated, and dead.

A lot of times we talk about having the joy of the Lord, but that joy cannot come from something we muster up inside of ourselves. It needs to come from God! If you try to produce joy in your own strength, you will fail. Just as a flower would fail if it attempted to find it's source of power and strength inside of itself. But if you are trusting in the Son to give you life, He will also bless you with His Joy! Because joy isn't an emotion such as happiness; it is a lasting peace and contentment in the Lord.

Friends, let Him be your joy today. He is the Son, and no matter who you are, you're solar powered. He is all powerful and is longing to give you life in His name!

"So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed"-- John 8:36

No comments:

Post a Comment