Saturday, October 30, 2010

Worry No More

Hey guys
As I've mentioned before, I'm doing a read through the Bible with some of my friends from my hometown. I came across a great verse during the reading yesterday, Luke 12:25. It reads: "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" This is not the only time the Bible mentions worry either. Matthew 6:34 reads: "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself." I think these two verses are great reminders for us. They aren't saying that we should just be completely apathetic about things. It simply means that we should control things that we are able to. There is not enough time to spend stressing about things that are out of our control and, like we read in Luke 12:25, the worrying won't accomplish anything anyway. It's yet another reminder to give your worries up to God and trust in him that he will take care of you.
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment