Friday, May 28, 2010

Trials/Temptations

Hey guys
So I was scrounging around for some ideas this week, and I'm kinda going to take a slight spin off of the last couple/few posts. The key verse for this week is 1 Corinthians 10:13, specifically the part "and God is faithful, he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear." First off, I like to think of temptations in this verse as more like trials, or hardships. Basically what it is getting at is that regardless of what you are going through, God will get you through it. An example from my own personal experience would be last fall. My Grandpa had died recently, I was working on transferring schools, and I was trying to study for finals; all of this was going on at the same time. Naturally, I was super busy and loaded to the max. Key phrase there: to the max. Not "over the max." Just "to." When I had all this going on, God was faithful to me. He kept my workload at a manageable level and allowed me to just keep trucking along. Whenever it seemed like it might be too much, He'd provide me with an outlet of some sort: a super helpful move from an advisor, or a buddy who'd help out with some physics. An important thing to remember: God doesn't force you through these trials, he provides the way out. It's like that poem about the footsteps in the sand -
http://www.wowzone.com/fprints.htm
There... you can even choose your favorite version of the three...
But anyway, just remember that when things are starting to get rough, always lean on God, or better yet, just give it up to him and let him carry you through it.
Until next week
Matt

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reminder, Matt. It's sometimes hard to wait to see how the Lord will work things out in the end ... and in the meantime, it's easy to forget that without Him, we wouldn't be standing!

    ReplyDelete