Saturday, May 22, 2010

"Luck"

Hey guys
Well, I might be a little late on the timeline, but it is Saturday nonetheless and I think that is a step in the right direction for me today. The verse for today is Romans 8:28 ("And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him...") Recently, my brother was in an accident. He was walking back to his dorm after class when a car jumped the curb and hit him. First sign of God taking care of him: most serious injury was to his knee, and after about six MRIs, they determined he wouldn't even need surgery on it. Second sign: a bit before the accident, he scored a job working in the clubhouse at our golfcourse. He sits in a chair behind the desk, and hobbles (sometimes without even a crutch!) when he needs to. This summer, I'm putting in docks. If Aaron and I had gotten the other jobs - and I was offered the golf course job before I pushed it to him - things would not work out. This is just a small example; God works in bigger and better ways, and we don't always know what they are. The important thing is just to put our trust in him and know that everything is planned, and is going to work out.
Until next week,
Matt

1 comment:

  1. Amen! Thanks, Matt! The Lord always has a bigger, better plan in mind; it's just so often hard to see it. Keep fighting the good fight!

    ReplyDelete