Saturday, May 1, 2010

Hey Guys
Sorry, I know I'm late... On a happier note, I finished up my first year of college yesterday (2 days ago now...)! But I started work at 8 am Saturday, and was putting in docks in the wind and rain from 8 to 5. Hopefully the weather gets a bit nicer. So I had a really good idea for a post, but chose not to write down my idea, and now it has been forgotten. So I'm going to just talk a bit about daily devotions. Specifically how/when. For me, I've been doing a walk through the Bible type thing with a group of people from my hometown. We're all at college, or working in the case of 2, so we communicate about the daily readings through a blog we set up. The thing I really like about this is that it allows us to read when we are able to, and discuss it when able. I typically read while eating breakfast in the morning. Now that I'm finished with college and will be rushing off to work every morning because I overslept my alarm, I'm probably going to need to find a new time. Which is kind of the whole point of this rambling. Whatever you do for devotions, whether reading from the Bible, using a devotional book of some sort, or whatever it is that you do, it's important to set aside a specific time of the day to do that, and to have the same time for every day. It will be a lot easier to stay consistent with your readings if every day is the same than if you were just trying to fit it in here and there. So that's what I have for you this week. I just want to encourage you all to pick one time for devotions, one time that will work every day. I promise it will get a lot easier to A) remember them and B) get something out of them when you're consistent with your timing.
Striving to post on time next week,
Matt

1 comment:

  1. Hey Matt! Thanks for the encouragement on daily devotions. It makes a huge difference when we are intentional about our time spent with God.

    ReplyDelete