Thursday, May 20, 2010

God is Omniscient, I have a High School Diploma

Finals week can reek. I didn't shower that much, sat inside when it was sunny, and made smoke come out of my ears. Boy, did I reek. Finals week; a roller coaster of emotion, stress, late nights, coffee, and laughter. I think most of us know the feeling, so tired that you're floating, everything is funny, and you realize you've been staring at a sheet of notes for about 8.7 minutes and there's just no room in your cranium to fit any more information.

This is precisely the feeling I have right now. More than 12 hours have elapsed since I finished my last final at the Association Free Lutheran Bible School. I could talk for hours about the content of the tests, the content I studied that was not on the tests, or the content I saw for the first time on the test ... but I won't. I am tired, so really all I want to do is wine, but I can't digest cheese.

So, I'm taking a break from my normal weekly writing, going to bed "early," giving my mind a rest, and enjoying some fresh air. I have showered, fallen asleep in a 91 year old's yard, and consumed yet another cup of coffee, and unfortunately, at the end of this finals week my breath does reek.

At some point in this college career of mine, I titled a paper - "God is Omniscient, I have a High School Diploma." That's where I'm at right now. My brain hurts, I'm strung out on caffeine, and I am 2 days away from having a high school diploma AND a certificate of general Bible studies from the Association Free Lutheran Bible School. Praise God!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you survived, Tim! :) A good reminder of where we stand in comparison to the Lord!

    ReplyDelete